MBBS Admission Query Form
NEET 2020: Preparation Tips, Study Plan, Important Topics, Best Books for Preparation, FAQ’s
Have you commenced aspiring for your bright career in abroad countries in the field of medicine? If the answer is yes, then it specifies that you’ve paced forward to go in the world of sweepstakes for the Medical Exams Entrances. When speaking about these medical competitive exams, NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is top of the standings. Half a million Indian students appear for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to take successful admissions in foreign medical & dental colleges because of the tremendous career perspectives provided through NEET Exam 2020. However, this exam is becoming the most preferred choice of medical aspirants every year.
Preparing or Cracking NEET 2020 will not be tough if you constantly work hard with dedication along with regular classes as this NEET exam demands the best study plan with lots of practice. But, bearing in mind about the enormous competitions involved in this medical exam, the utmost important question, which is commonly asked by every medical aspirant is how to clear NEET exam 2020 in the first attempt only or how to prepare for the NEET exam 2020.
So, in this blog, you will find out the best preparation tips, competitive study plan, important topics along with the best books for preparation which will help you in clearing your NEET exam in the first attempt.
NEET 2020 PREPARATION TIPS
- Avoid shortcuts and try to focus on the concepts: Especially for physics, medical aspirants should be more concentrated on understanding the basic concepts behind the problems rather than just remembering formulae, answering questions, or creating shortcuts.
- Circle and Fundamental Approach: Mostly medical aspirants encountered numerous inappropriate details while appearing in NEET 2020 exam. In this instance, students should figure out/circle all that irrelevant information and only underline the relevant information that they need the most, leads to avoid silly errors. Furthermore, medical students should focus more on qualifiers such as some, all, etc.
- Option Elimination for MCQs: Sometimes students get puzzled with the new questions which they have no idea which is correct or which is incorrect. In that instance, aspirants should find out that two answers (out of 4) which are incorrect. Thereafter, all the medical aspirants have to figure out the correct answer (out of 2) by understanding the question.
- Speedy OMR Filling: Students should plan a speedy and effective filling OMR Sheet in the NEET 2020 exam. Make sure that OMR Sheet should be filled correctly because any mistake will directly reflect in your marks. Moreover, all the hard work and attempts will be outlined in the OMR Sheet only.
- Using Charts / Tables / Maps: Cramming formulae is a good idea but it won’t work that much while writing for NEET 2020 exam. Always try to create diagrams such as charts, tables or maps to easily understand and instruct data theoretically.
- Remember prefixes: Prefixes (uni, bi, mono, di, etc.) are good indices of quantitative as well as qualitative traits of a question.
- Make mnemonic phrases for classifications as well as series: For series and classifications such as kingdom classifications, or element groups in series, candidates should prepare mnemonic phrases by using initials of the main elements in the groups.
- Prepare yourself as per NEET 2020 Latest Syllabus: Medical students should prepare themselves according to the NEET 2020 Latest Syllabus only. Avoid extra topics that are beyond the syllabus.
- Concentrate more on weak topics/weaknesses: While preparing for your NEET 2020 exam, try to provide more time on basic concepts and your weak sections too. Because most students try to avoid their weak topics which can be a disadvantage to them during the exam. Overcome your weakness by focusing on weak topics which will lead to superior results.
- Mark your mistakes: Try to note down your mistakes made in the tests or while preparing. Once you are done with all your texts then try to review them and ensure that you’re not going to do it again. Furthermore, reviewing your mistakes regularly is a bonus.
- Solve as many NEET Test papers as you can: The more you practice with the test papers of previous all NEET exams, the more you prepare yourself ready for the NEET exam 2020. Solving these test papers will also help you in assessing your performance & also enhance your speed and accuracy.
NEET 2020 COMPETITIVE STUDY PLAN
Are you Looking for a smart study plan or strategies for the NEET 2020 exam? Then, just have a look below:
- Six hours per day: Make a habit of studying for the NEET exam at least six hours a day.
- Online Lectures: Take help from NEET video lectures, easily available on YouTube.
- Finish your School Syllabus: Foremost, begin with your school syllabus only. Always score the best marks in your unit test and midterms exams, help you in achieving the speed and accuracy too.
- Calculate and Analyze: Start working on your analytical skills as well as calculations. This requires a lot of dedication, effort, and practice.
- Understanding the core concepts: Start paying more attention to understanding the core concepts of all the important topics.
- Practice More: Try to cover at least one chapter a week. Moreover, how much you can practice for the NEET Exam 2020, do that one.
- Solve problems with accuracy and speed: Practice even more MCQs and always try to be accurate with precise. Solve at least 100 questions from each chapter of physics and chemistry and 200 questions from each chapter in biology.
- Self-assessment is a must: After finishing every chapter, do some self-assessment. Try to solve the previous year’s mock test and papers i.e. NEET Exam 2019 which will give you an idea of your preparation.
NEET 2020 IMPORTANT TOPICS
Important Topics in Physics for NEET 2020:
Always give preference to those topics that carry the highest-scoring marks or weightage.
- Theory-based questions primarily consist of queries from Heat and Thermodynamics, Magnetism, Modern Physics, Oscillations, etc.
- Magnetic Effects of Current.
- For problem-solving questions, gauge formulae and conversion of units (from one to another) should be on your fingertips.
Topics of highest weightage marks:
- KTG & Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Wave Optics
Important Topics in Chemistry for NEET 2020:
Chemistry is examined to be one of the simplest & scoring parts in NEET 2020.
- Organic and Inorganic Chemistry should be on your toes.
- Go thoroughly for topics such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, Chemical Equilibrium and Acids, P Block elements, etc.
- Perfect in problem-solving numerical questions.
Topics of highest weightage marks:
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
- Organic Chemistry-I
Important Topics in Biology for NEET 2020
One of the most difficult sections in NEET 2020 in Biology as it comprises two sections: Botany and Zoology.
- For Botany, thoroughly revise planning diversity & classification, plant physiology, etc.
- For Zoology, concentrate on Biodiversity, Mendelian disorders, Polygenic inheritance, Reproductive Health, etc.
Topics of highest weightage marks:
- Digestive System
- DNA Replication
- Endocrine System
- Excretory and Nervous System
- Page Theory
- Plant Anatomy
BEST BOOKS FOR NEET 2020 PREPARATION
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is based upon NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) but for cracking this exam, you need some extra & detailed clarification. For that, you should need to take references from the NEET 2020 preparation books. Check the best books according to Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations||D.C. Pandey|
|Problems in General Physics||IE Irodov|
|Complete NEET Guide 2020: Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 1&2 (2020)||R.K. Gupta|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||JD Lee|
|Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Question Bank for Biology||Dr. Ali|
|Biology Publication||GRB Bathla|
|Elementary Biology Volume 1 & 2||Trueman|
|Complete NEET Guide 2020: Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
NEET 2020 FAQ’s
Question 1: Who will be the conducting authority for NEET-UG (Under Graduate)?
Answer: NTA (replaced by CBSE) will be the conducting authority for NEET UG from 2020.
Question 2: When will the NEET-UG be conducted?
Answer: The NEET-UG exam will be conducted on 3rd May 2020.
Question 3: Who can appear in NEET 2020?
Answer: Candidates who are: Foreign Nationals, Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
Question 4: What is the age limit for NEET UG-2020?
Answer: Minimum Age Limit: 17 years as per 31st December 2020 and Maximum Age Limit: 25 years.
Question 5: Is 12th pursuing student is eligible to appear for NEET 2020?
Answer: Yes, the student who is pursuing 12th is eligible to appear for NEET 2020 but that student’s age should not be less than 17 years.
Question 6: What will be the pattern of NEET-UG – 2020?
Answer: There will be 180 questions in the NEET UG – 2020 exam. Each subject will consist of the same question weightage i.e. 45 questions from each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany). Each question will be of 4 marks and there will be 1 mark deduction from every wrong answer.
Question 7: In how many languages NEET 2020 Exam will be conducted?
Answer: The NEET exam will be conducted in nine regional languages comprising English and Hindi. The other list of regional languages is Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Question 8: Which courses are enrolled under NEET-UG 2020?
Answer: NEET is conducted to get admission in MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses.
Question 9: Will the NEET exam contain questions based on Biotechnology?
Answer: Yes, it may include questions from biotechnology & its applications.
Summarizing the Above
The above NEET 2020 Preparation tips will help you to make a solid competitive study plan and give you the basic do’s and don’ts while you prepare it. With the help of these tips, you can also score better in the exam and can plan for studying mbbs abroad.
We here at EduPedia (Best MBBS Admission Abroad), also try to bring some more career counseling to you so that you can achieve high-rise. For more queries regarding this blog, you can post it in the comment section. Furthermore, if this blog helped you in getting the best NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Study Plan, you can share it with your friends.