MBBS Admission Query Form
Canada is a North American continent county which shares its southern border with the United States. It is the second largest country in the world in the context of the land after Russia. The capital of Canada is Ottawa while Toronto is the largest city in the country.
The major land area of Canada is equipped with the forest and is the second largest country in the world the country has a significant amount of the land area. In the context of infrastructure the country is having the decent infrastructure in the sphere of everything such as industry or the educational infrastructure.
Canada is a very significant center of the educational hub which attracts the wide numbers of the aspirants from around the world, who come to study the various kinds of courses in the country. Specifically, the medical educational domain of Canada is quite premium and is also unique in the context of the medical educations.
Canada offers the above standard quality of medical education to the aspirants and this is the reason why MBBS in Canada is a very significant topic to be discussed.
Here in this article, we are going to make our discussion about the same topic of studying MBBS in Canada with a view to provide some useful information to all the aspirants who want to study MBBS from there.
MBBS in Canada for Indian Medical Students
MBBS in Canada for Indian students is a very hot topic which is often discussed by the Indian medical aspirants. Canada is the country which is known in the world to provide the premium class of MBBS education in the world and this is the perfect destination for all Indian MBBS aspirants who couldn’t get the MBBS seats in India.
We know the MBBS education scenario in India is probably the most competitive in the world due to a large amount of the applicants and the least number of medical seats in the comparison of it.
The majority of the Indian aspirants who are deserving enough to study MBBS couldn’t be able to get their admission there. This is the major reason why they opt the country like Canada in order to study MBBS.
The Canadian medical education environment is better than India and most importantly it is less competitive. The candidates just have to satisfy the norms of the Canadian medical institutions and then they can easily get their admission there.
Why Choose Canada for MBBS/Medical Studies
The aspirants who want MBBS admission in Canada have a very common query to raise, which is about why they should be choosing Canada for their MBBS education.
Here answering that query of them we are going to list down some specific points, which will justify why MBBS from Canada is a decent choice.
- First of all the medical education system of Canada is counted among the few top countries in the whole world thus Canada is always a significant option of studying MBBS.
- The other reason is Canada is one of the best countries in the world to live with all the essentials of life.
- Canada is the blend of the multicultural society where the aspirants can get to learn many things in the course of their studies.
- The MBBS or the other medical degrees from Canada are recognized across the Globe thus you can work anywhere in the world after having the medical degree from this country.
- The international medical or the MBBS aspirants from the other countries who are studying MBBS in Canada can work here in the country after the completion of the program.
Advantages of MBBS in Canada
Canada medical college admission may bring many advantages to the aspirants, who are going to undertake this program.
So, if you are looking for some specific advantages of this MBBS program from Canada then you can get it from here below.
- The standard of MBBS education in Canada is just world class which is considered very premium across the Globe.
- MBBS in Canada focuses primarily on medical research work where candidates get to learn much than the expectations.
- You will get diversity and very rich culture in Canada as there are numerous students who come from the different parts of the world to study.
- The scope of medical scholarship in Canada is more than any other country as there are many kinds of scholarship programs where you can apply for the studies.
- Students who finish their MBBS from Canada get very decent opportunities in Canada itself to move their career ahead.
Eligibility Criteria for Study MBBS in Canada
As an MBBS aspirant, you must be making yourself aware with the MBBS in Canada eligibility, as without it you can’t make your application for this program.
Here below is the admission criteria of Canada MBBS colleges/Universities for your consideration.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years along with the date of birth proof.
- Candidates must have passed out a minimum of 10+2 exam from the recognized board of study and with the mandatory subjects of physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Candidates will be required to qualify the Medical college admission test (MCAT) which is the medical entrance exam of the country and is mandatory in nature.
- The English language proficiency would also be tested in Canada thus candidate has to qualify the TOEFL or the IELTS exam with the minimum score of 90 out of 100.
Best Medical Universities in Canada to Study MBBS/Medicine
You can find many MCI recognized or other medical colleges/Universities in Canada to study MBBS.
Here below some of the top medical institutions of Canada, which you should be keeping in your consideration.
- University of Western Ontario
- Queen’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Victoria
- Trinity Western University
- University of Fraser Valley
- The University of Waterloo
How to Take Admission in Canada MBBS
Well if you want to study medicine in Canada, then you have to make your admission application for it in a systematic manner. Here in this section, you can see the MBBS admission procedure in Canada.
- First of all, candidates need to qualify the minimum admission criteria in the context of educational background.
- After that candidates need to apply for the Medical College Admission Test which is the admission entrance exam of the Canada medical institutions.
- The candidates also need to take the language proficiency test such as ILETS or the TOEFL
- Candidates who qualify both the exams and present the valid qualification documents will be shortlisted for the purpose of admission.
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Canada for 2019-20
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the MBBS aspirants need to qualify some other requirements as well, in order to get their admission into the medical colleges of Canada.
Here you can read all such requirements for your consideration.
- International MBBS aspirants need to have a valid passport and Visa to seek their admission.
- Candidates need to present the valid and genuine copies of the educational proof at the time of admission.
- 2 passport size photos would also be required.
- NEET exam is mandatory for the Indian MBBS candidates along with the approval certificate from the MCI.
- If any candidates have any criminal record then such candidates won’t be considered for the admission purpose in Canada.
Fee Structure of Canada Medical Universities for MBBS 2019-2020
We all want to have an idea about the Canada medical college fee so that we can accordingly arrange our funds for the sake of admission.
Here we will list the fee structure of various medical colleges/Universities of Canada for the consideration of all the aspirants.
|NAME OF UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE||FEE STRUCTURE IN INDIAN RUPEES/ ANNUM|
|UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA||1405000|
|THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA||3109000|
|UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA||1103000|
|UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY||702000|
|UNIVERSITY OF REGINA||1504000|
|THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY||804000|
|SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY||1201000|
MBBS Study in Canada: Financial Advise for Parents
There is no doubt in the fact that Canada is considered to be a very supreme country in the context of offering medical education. The country is considered to be as the premium place of studying MBBS, but the Canada medical colleges fee structure is a way too high in the comparison of many other countries.
The standard of education justifies the fee structure, but if you belong to the financially weaker background then you need to arrange your funds accordingly. There are not so many MBBS seats in Canada for the international aspirants, and the ones which are available have a very high fee structure and the eligibility criteria, which isn’t easy to be satisfied by the majority of the aspirants.
Our final advice for the parents would be that if their kids want to settle down or work in Canada as a Doctor then it sounds an appropriate choice to study MBBS from Canada. In the context of fee structure further, then the students can apply for the various kinds of the scholarship programs offered by the Canadian medical Universities to ease the burden of fee structure.
Apply Now for MBBS Study in Canada
As we have already discussed that there are not many seat availability in Canada for international candidates. Keeping it in your consideration we would urge you to make your MBBS admission application without wasting any more time.
You will first need to participate in the entrance exam of the Canadian medical University and qualify the language proficiency exam as well. Only after the qualifications of these exams and then by presenting the valid documents candidates would be shortlisted for the admission.
The admission process in Canada is generally finished by the end of July each year and hence we advised you to visit the website of the concerned University/colleges in order to check the relevant admission dates.