MBBS Admission Query Form
Established in 1986 Bangladesh Medical College is one of the oldest and finest medical schools of Bangladesh. It is affiliated to the Dhaka University since 10th May 1988. From recruiting its first batch in 1990 to till date with more than 25 years of experience, the University is a pioneer in the field of medicine.
About Bangladesh Medical College
The Bangladesh Medical College is the best amongst the other colleges in Bangladesh with numerous faculties incorporated into it. The college is located on a vast campus and has two six storied building. It has a mobile hospital with fully furnished facilities and is claimed to be the first of its kind in Bangladesh.
List of Departments in Bangladesh Medical College:
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Orthopedics Surgery
The College campus is highly modern and fully furnished. It consists of large classrooms that are completely air-conditioned and spacious. The departments have demo rooms and tutorial rooms to provide high-class education. The tutorial rooms are provided with a smart board to enhance audio-visual learning. Apart from this Bangladesh Medical college has a large library that accommodates more than 6000 books, journals, and monographs.
Bangladesh Medical College is built to accommodate 500 in patients on high standards. The College campus has got two new buildings, namely the Health Care Centre and Community Welfare Centre. In addition to this, the College as got a 24/7 Accident and Emergency zone.
Advantages of Pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh:
- English is the language of communication.
- Every year scholarship is provided for Indian students
- There is no capitation or Donation in Bangladesh.
Disadvantages of Pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Bengali is the most spoken language there so it may be little difficult to get adapted there.
- Internship at Bangladesh is a little tricky, as most of the time, the students are just allowed to observe the patients.
- A letter from the Medical Council of India stating “No objection” is required to grab a seat.
Examinations at Bangladesh Medical College:
There will be totally six examinations (Two Examinations per year) conducted at Bangladesh Medical College.
|First professional Exam||End of 1st year||Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry|
|Second Professional Exam||End of 3 ½ years||Pharmacology, Forensic|
Therapeutics Pathology, Toxicology and
|Final Professional Exam||End of years||Surgery, Obstetrics, Medicine and Gynaecology|
Bangladesh Medical College Recognition, MCI Approved Or Not?
Bangladesh Medical College is approved and recognized by various authorities like the World Health Organization, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, United States Medical License Examinations and the General Medical Council of United Kingdom. As an added advantage the college is enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools which adds to the global recognition.
Bangladesh Medical College MBBS Fee Structure
One of the reasons why Bangladesh Medical College is the best among the other Medical Colleges is the reservation criteria. Approximately 75% of Bangladesh’s government seats can be reserved by international students. And the international students can grab 25 percent of the seats from private colleges. More Allocation means more opportunities and more seats for Indian Candidates.
Bangladesh Medical College Fee Structure:
|Time of Payment||Fees||Total|
|At the Time of Admission||15,48,580||71,78,780|
|To be paid in Installments at the end of each year.||14,07,550|
Internship at Bangladesh Medical College:
Bangladesh Medical College internship is not mandatory. Students can come back and pursue an internship in India. However, due to the high-quality infrastructure and laboratory, most students prefer to continue the internship at Bangladesh Medical College.
Scholarship for MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College:
One famous concept among Bangladesh colleges is that, if the candidate belongs to SAARC countries, then he/she is not chargeable to pay any Tuition fee. Only the cost of living and other expenses needs to be taken care of. Each year about 20 to 25 Indian students get through free seats at Bangladesh Medical College.
How To Get Admission In Bangladesh Medical College For Indian Students
Currently, more than 1000 Indian students are pursuing MBBS at the Bangladesh Medical College. The college is highly student-friendly, and the environment is best for the Indian candidates.
Ensure you fit into the following eligibility criteria to grab a seat:
- Should have qualified SSC and HSC examination.
- 12 years of schooling should be completed
- The Minimum required GPA for SSC or HSC is 3.5
- The Minimum required GPA in biology is 3.5
Required Documents for Application:
- School Graduation Certificate
- School Marksheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport copy
- Digital photographs
Bangladesh Medical College Application Form:
Application to the College can be made online through the Bangladesh Medical College official website.
- The application form should be downloaded from the official Bangladesh Foreign Ministry website and needs to be filled up.
Kindly find the link to the website below:
- After this process the student needs to pay an amount of 60 dollars (4220 rupees) in favour of DGHS. Once the amount has been paid, the candidate will receive a receipt.
Kindly find the link below to pay:
- The next process will be sending documents, passport copies and the payment receipt to the Bangladesh embassy in order to seek permission.
- And the final step will be to send the certificate and document copies to grab the seat at the Bangladesh Medical College.
Bangladesh Medical College MBBS World Ranking
Bangladesh Medical College is placed one amongst the top 3000 medical colleges across the globe. Nationally the Medical college occupies the second position amongst the top five medical colleges in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Medical College Hostel Life
The college fees are inclusive of the Hostel and the food fees. Boys and Girls are provided with unique and defined hotels. The rooms in a hostel can be shared by two candidates. Separate rooms can also be sought by the candidates. Indian foods are provided to the students, which adds as an advantage. The campus also contains a sports zone, cultural clubs, common rooms for the benefit of the students.
Bangladesh Medical College Reviews
“It’s a great institute indeed. The doctors and teachers are incredibly skilled. There is a myth that there are a few patients in private medicines, but BMC proves that it is wrong. A lot of patients are here. There’s also a lot of scopes.” Says Fareed third-year medical student from India.
Do Share Your Reviews about the Bangladesh Medical College Below